BBNaija star Tobi Bakre shoot his shot at Nollywood sweetheart Genevieve Nnaji dailyadvent.comNov 24,



In a recent interview the e BBNaija reality star talked about his private life, career, his  ultimate 


desire to work with Genevieve Nnaji and how life has been since he left the show. There is no 


doubt that Oluwatobi Bakre is one of the most talked about ex-housemates of Big Brother 


Naija Reality TV show.

Image result for TOBI BAKRE


Also known as Double Wahala, the ex banker also doubles as a photographer and was at the 


centre of controversies that rocked the last edition of BBN. And even after exiting the BBN 


house, Tobi has remained a hot item. In this interview with Rita Okoye, the University of Lagos 


graduate speaks about life, passion, his aspirations and screen goddess, Genevieve Nnaji.


“It’s been amazing. From being in the Big Brother and leaving the Big Brother house to looking 


at where I am today, when I look at the things I have accomplished so far, I can only say it’s 


been a good year for me”.

Image result for TOBI BAKRE

“It was very interesting for me actually. I used to be a currency dealer. I also worked in money 


market but the banking life generally was a bit of routine. And I had a lot more I wanted to do 


that I wasn’t exploring. I love photography, I wanted to be a media person as well. I am not 


really an office person. Generally, it is routine life; every day is the same but the life that I have 


now is different. Every day is different. I feel better. I feel alive living the kind of life I have now”

Related image


BBN received over a million applications for the last show which you emerged a housemate. 


What if you weren’t picked and nobody knows Tobi now, what would you have done?

Image result for TOBI BAKRE

Before now people knew Tobi Bakre but it wasn’t on this scale. It’s a lot more international now 


but in my own zone I was still doing okay. If the opportunity in Big Brother didn’t come I 


probably would have changed jobs or been on the same job. Maybe I would have tried other 


opportunities. And don’t forget that I was doing photography which I found very interesting.

Image result for TOBI BAKRE


Tobi also talked about photography and banking:


“Yes, I am doing an exhibition at the end of the year, a photo art exhibition.Working in the 


banking world I always wanted to do something more. I wanted to be in the media but at that 


point I didn’t have the patience or let’s say, I couldn’t just leave the banking hall to start 


attending auditions and all that so I needed a platform to do the things I wanted to do. Right 


now, a lot of people can see what I can do and are hiring me and that is mind blowing”.


He also talked about acting:


“Eventually I will still go to acting school just to cross the T’s and dots the I’s but generally, 


acting is natural for me. But I know I still have to brush up; it’s been interesting for me.I have 


always wanted to act and I thank God for the platform. People noticed that I could do it while I 


was on the show. This is why I am getting the roles. It is just to do more and show people the 


range of my passion and bingo! The sky will not be my limit” It was weird but that is how first-


times are really. When I got there I was thinking to myself ‘so now you are trying to be 


somebody you are not.’ But that is what acting is all about. Yes, it was pretty weird in an 


interesting way and it was challenging. And seeing the growth so far has really motivated me 


because I remember the first time I had to be on set for a week and after I saw the 


improvement I was impressed with myself.

Image result for TOBI BAKRE


People Tobi admires in Nollywood:


Kunle Afolayan, Ramsey Nouah, AY, Genevieve, Rita Dominic among a host of others. And that 


was because they have done it back to back. And now that I am in the industry, I now know it is 


easy to criticize when you are outside but when you are in it, you will get to respect these actors


more. I respect the young actors doing their everyday hustle too.

Image result for TOBI BAKRE

Talking about Genevieve Nnaji:


Wow! All of the veterans and that is because the older people have more to teach you when it 


comes to acting. I have been on set with Sola Sobowale. From day one I learnt a lot from her. 


Truth is, when you act with such people you become a better actor faster. Yes. It will be nice to 


act with Genevieve. I have been saying it and I want to say it again so that the dream can come 


through. From my mouth to God’s ears I have to, I would like to be in one of Genevieve Nnaji’s 


productions.

Image result for TOBI BAKRE

It is not belittling. What I meant was that Big Brother gave me the platform to show people 


what  can do. Apparently, you can’t just leave four years in banking and start from the scratch. You 


have to know exactly what you want to do. I needed a platform and being on Big Brother gave 


me the platform. Already, a lot of people know what I can do now.It is the fact that you have the 


power to be anything. If you are given a script whether you like the character or not, you have to 


act the part. Every role you are given has to be challenging because you have got to do it well. 


When they say be a mad or whatever, I am able to deliver.There is always the Tobi vibe. So the l


over boy Tobi is different from the Pastor Tobi. In every role I play I infuse a bit of my 


personality; that makes me different.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chidinma builds mansion for her mother on 60th birthday

The Latest Aso Ebi Styles